Where is NCBJ 2023?
JW Marriott Austin, 110 E 2nd St, Austin, TX 78701; 512-474-4777
When is NCBJ 2023?
- Wednesday, October 11 (opens at 6:30 pm) – Saturday, October 14 (ends at 12 noon)
- IWIRC and ACB have events pre-conference on Tuesday, October 10 and Wednesday, October 11
- NCBJ has programming pre-conference that are invite-only on Wednesday, October 11, including Trial Skills, Next Generation and Board of Governors Meeting
How much does the conference cost?
The early bird registration cost (through May 12) is $1,250; registration is $1,350 through September 10 and then $1,450 until the start of the conference. NCBJ offers discounted registration fees for court staff, law students, law professors, attorneys who have passed the bar within the past 5 years, government employees, and several other categories. Please click here for details.
What is included in the cost of the conference?
- Wednesday Welcome Reception
- Breakfast Thursday, Friday & Saturday
- Coffee/Snack Breaks Thursday, Friday & Saturday
- Early-morning fitness classes & fun run
- Over 25 hours of Education Programs, Thursday – Saturday.
- CLE/CPE credits (you must scan in and out of each session and report your attendance online post-conference). ABA-produced sessions require an additional fee for CLEs – sign up for this during registration. NCBJ estimates that an attendee can earn 11 hours of credits (based on approvals) maximum, without paying additional costs.
- Social/networking events including the *New* ABI Social on Thursday late afternoon and the Friday late-night party.
What “extras” are there? And what do they cost?
- Thursday ABA lunch and program – $95
- Thursday CLLA lunch and program – $95
- Friday AIRA breakfast and program – $75
- Friday NCBJ lunch and program – $95
- Several Austin Tours – prices vary @ $200/tour
- Sign up for the above when your register for the conference; or modify your registration to add any of the above
- Dine-Arounds (small group dinners) Each participant pays for themselves
- Music-Arounds (groups going to music venues in Austin) Each participant pays for themselves)
- Information on Dine-Arounds and Music-Arounds will be emailed to all registered attendees in August
How do I register as an attendee?
How do I reserve a hotel room?
NCBJ has a limited number of hotel rooms available to registered attendees at a discounted rate ($332/night plus tax = $390/night). The link to this block of rooms is shared in the registration confirmation email. These rooms are available until September 8 or they sell out, whichever comes first.
What is the conference dress code?
Business to Business Casual. Speakers are encouraged to wear courtroom attire.
Please explain the CLE/CPE procedure in detail:
- Education credits are offered based on state-by-state approvals. Check the conference website for details as the conference gets closer.
- CLEs and CPEs for all NCBJ, ABI, AIRA and CLLA sessions are included with conference registration.
- ABA-produced programs: All registered NCBJ attendees can attend ABA sessions BUT if you want CLEs for an ABA session, you need to sign up for “ABA registration/materials” when registering for NCBJ, as ABA manages their CLEs.
- At conference: Scan your personal QR code (front of your badge) in and out of all sessions for which you want credit.
- Post-conference: Each attendee will be emailed a personalized “NCBJ Attendance Link” which you will use to fill out your Affidavit of Attendance and to get your CLE/CPE certificates. Keep an eye out for this email the week of October 16.
How do I modify my registration?
Someone who is already registered can modify their registration through the link sent in their confirmation email or by clicking here.
How do I cancel my registration?
Attendees can cancel until September 9 and get a full refund, minus a $100 processing fee. No refunds after September 9 unless there is a personal life or death emergency.
Can I transfer my registration?
Registration can be transferred to another person at the same firm until September 30. There is a $100 transfer fee, typically paid for by the person taking over the registration. The person who is transferring their registration should email firstname.lastname@example.org the name and contact info of the new person, preferably cc’ing the new person on the email. NCBJ staff needs to manually do the transfer and get payment from the new person.